Colorado 2012 Ride - Day Seven (May 26th)


Parker, CO to Estes Park, CO

On day seven, Steve and Suzanne Weston and I rode to Estes Park, Colorado (the entrance to Rocky Mountain National Park) so we could attend the wedding of the son of my long-time friends, John and Betsy Dietrich.  For this ride, we decided to ride Colorado Highway 119, otherwise known as the Peak to Peak Highway.  This route offered some breathtaking views of the Colorado Rockies.



Along the way, we stopped in Nederland for a quick bite of lunch.  While there, I had the opportunity to briefly see a restored carousel that used to be located in an arcade along the Great Salt Lake.



We arrived in Estes Park shortly after 2:00 p.m., and quickly cleaned so we could attend Rob and Meagan’s wedding at 4 o’clock.  The post-wedding party lasted well into the evening.  Tomorrow, I will make my way down to Pueblo, Colorado to rendezvous with the five guys that I will be sharing the ride with for the tour of Colorado, Utah, and Northern Arizona.